Development and Communications Associate (Part-Time)
The Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) has a mission to develop and advocate policies and programs to increase the skills, job opportunities and incomes of low-skill, low-wage workers and job seekers in Maryland.
The Development and Communications Associate reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, and Board of Directors Development/Finance Committee to solicit and secure public and private funds – with an emphasis on corporate and individual donors – to support organizational operations. The Associate is responsible for crafting and implementing JOTF’s development plan with an emphasis on brand marketing. The Associate will build and manage JOTF’s annual major giving campaign and fundraising events and will work with senior staff to craft and coordinate a marketing communications strategy. The Associate will be a self-driven, team player with a keen ability to think and act strategically for the benefit of the organization and its constituencies.
Major Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following
- Working collaboratively with Executive and Senior level staff and JOTF Board of Directors Development/Finance Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive multi-year development and marketing communications strategy for JOTF.
- Developing targeted goals, objectives, outcomes and timelines to achieve budgeted development goals.
- Overseeing planning and managing of organizational events, donor database, media relations, social media, website, newsletters, and brand marketing activities.
- Identify new strategic alliances that will increase organizational funding support and amplify the organizational brand and mission
- Cultivate relationships and coordinate meetings with prospective and existing donors to build and increase awareness of JOTF’s brand and mission in partnership with the CEO.
- At least three years of experience in fund development and marketing and/or event planning with proven success in raising public and private funding for non-profit organizations.
- A strong commitment and passion for JOTF’s mission.
- General understanding of issues facing disadvantaged Marylanders, especially employment-related challenges of low-skill men and women and the workforce needs of employer
- Organized, detail oriented and can work effectively in both a team and individually
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience with fact checking and quick turnaround research of tasks
- Working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research
- Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with donor databases preferred
This is a part-time position with the opportunity to transition into full time employment. The Development and Communications Associate reports to JOTF’s Chief Executive Officer and works closely with JOTF’s Chief Operating Officer. Work will be based out of our downtown Baltimore office during regular business hours, with an expectation of off-site meetings and after-hours or weekend events. The ideal candidate will be able to provide his/her own transportation for travel. Downtown parking and reimbursement for business travel are included.
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. Salary range is up to $30,000 year and will include benefit options including health insurance, matched 403(b) and paid leave.
JOTF strongly values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.
JOTF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, religious or political affiliation or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
Send a cover letter, resume, and two short writing samples (no longer than 2 pages each) by January 22, 2019 for best consideration.
Electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Development and Communications Associate” in subject line)