Why Choose the BetterU Construction Training?
BetterU Construction Training classes are designed to model a real job site and provide students with hands-on experience. With a focus on accountability, skills mastery and mathematics, you’ll leave the program ready for entry-level work on any construction site and the opportunity to develop the skills of a trade.
BetterU Construction Program provides –
- Pre-apprenticeship training in entry-level plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills
- Classroom hands-on instruction, 2 evenings per week, 14 weeks (87 hours total)
- Math refresher and literacy refresher classes
- Stipend per class if on time
- Individual case management
- Certifications in OSHA 10 Safety, First Aid, CPR, and Flagger
- Driver’s education and money management courses
- Job placement and employment retention services
Winter Class Schedule:
Winter classes will begin on January 10, 2023. Priority registration will open on October 3, 2022.
General registration opens from October 17 – December 16, 2022.
Applying to the BetterU Construction Program:
- All interested candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Baltimore City resident
- 18 years of age or older
- Be drug-free
- Have a driver’s license or be willing to get one
- Be prepared to take a math test