Senior Development Officer
Mission of the Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF):
To develop and advocate policies and programs to increase the skills, job opportunities and incomes of low-wage workers and job seekers in Maryland.
The Senior Development Officer (SDO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer, and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the JOTF Board of Directors’ Development Committee to solicit and secure public and private funds, with an emphasis on major gift giving, corporate and individual donors. The SDO is responsible for crafting and implementing JOTF’s development campaign and strategies, will build and manage JOTF’s annual major giving campaign and fundraising events, and will work with senior staff to craft and coordinate a strong development campaign. The SDO will be a self-driven, team player with a keen ability to think and act strategically for the benefit of the organization and its constituencies.
Major Responsibilities include but are not be limited to the following:
- Working collaboratively with Executive and Senior level staff and Board Members to develop and implement a comprehensive, multi-year fundraising plan for JOTF
- Developing targeted goals, objectives, outcomes and timelines to achieve budgeted development goals.
- Management of donor database
- Identify new strategic alliances that will increase organizational funding support to amplify the organizational brand and mission
- Cultivate new and existing relationships, and coordinate meetings with prospective and existing donors to build and increase awareness of JOTF’s brand and mission in partnership with the CEO
- At least 5-10 years of experience in fund development with proven success in raising public and private funding for non-profit organizations.
- A strong commitment and passion for JOTF’s mission.
- General understanding of socioeconomic issues facing disadvantaged Marylanders.
- Organized, detail oriented and can work effectively in both a team and individually.
- Exceptional oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience with fact checking and quick turnaround research of tasks.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively with diverse populations.
- Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with donor databases preferred
This is a full-time position. The Senior Development Officer reports to JOTF’s Chief Executive Officer and works closely with JOTF’s Chief Operating Officer. Work will be based out of our downtown Baltimore office during regular business hours, with an expectation of off-site meetings and after-hours or weekend events. The ideal candidate will be able to provide his/her own transportation for travel. Downtown parking and reimbursement for business travel are included.
JOTF offers a competitive benefits package. Benefit options including health insurance, matched 403(b) and paid leave.
Position open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
JOTF strongly values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. JOTF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, religious or political affiliation or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law. Individuals with a criminal background are encouraged to apply.
For background information about the Job Opportunities Task Force, see our website at www.jotf.org.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Development Officer” in subject line by March 20, 2020:
- Cover Letter to include what major giving successes and donor/CRM software databases you have used in past employment settings
- An example of an annual appeal or form of outreach to donors that you crafted, or crafted collaboratively with a team (please include a brief synopsis on the budgeted amount for this outreach, the goal, and if the goal was met, exceeded, etc…)
- An example of a digital/electronic (e-mail, twitter, etc…) form of outreach to donors/funders that you crafted, or crafted collaboratively with a team (please include a brief synopsis on the budgeted amount for this outreach, the goal, and if the goal was met, exceeded, etc…)
- Salary expectations